Best San Diego Family Photography Locations
San Diego is home to many beautiful photoshoot locations. There are however, even more incredible options, if you are willing to travel just outside of the city! Here are my top 5 outdoor photography locations (in no particular order) for Family Photography Near San Diego.
1. Forever And Always Farm | Located nestled in the hills alongside Murrieta, this wonderful family-owned and operated Farm is an amazing choice for Family Portraits, Intimate Weddings, and small to medium Weddings. They have more than one beautiful backdrop for your I-do’s and the coziest reception area.. that I could live in and be happy forever. In the Spring, hundreds of white roses explode and the lavender field is nothing less than a perfect fairytale. The real bonus here is that they have animals. Real live animals. Alpacas, lambs, and chickens, just waiting to be loved on. Last but not least, the best swing I’ve tested out as an adult sits on the hillside and has a beautiful view of the hills. Foreverandalwaysfarm.com
2. Keys Creek Lavender Farm | Located a little closer to San Diego in Valley Center is the best lavender farm in Southern California. They also create their own lavender products that you can purchase on site. It is perfect for Family Portraits, tours, workshops, retreats, and events. At sunset, the view is spectacular as the rolling Sierra Nevadas light up the landscape and the view of the valley makes you question your decision to live in the city.
3. Mission Trails | Located a little inland in San Diego is a beautiful area for hiking and enjoying the great outdoors in the middle of a big city! This location is easily accessed and available for family Portrait sessions and is one of my absolute favorite areas in San Diego.
here you have the options of rolling hills, green and lush protected areas, bridges, canyons, mountain tops, and waterfalls! Depending on your physical fitness level and willingness to get an epic shot, there are several options to fit every family.
4. Carlsbad | Located a few miles North of San Diego along I-5, is a wonderful city known as Carlsbad. In the Spring, the Flower Fields literally implode with colorful blooms that are perfect for any Family Portrait Session. During the rest of the year, the beach is an excellent location for Family Photos. The mushroom caves are a great location and only require a short hike.
The Carlsbad Flower Fields are best visited in April and May and as of this year (2019), the permits have risen in costs. To capture a Family Session in this epic garden, you’ll have to request a permit in advance and pay the fee of $400 for your allotted time plus general admission.
5. Mt. Laguna | driving East of San Diego you will pass by one of the best photo opportunities in Southern California. Mt. Laguna is spectacular in both the Winter and the Summer. From Spring through Fall you have beautiful views from an elevation of 6300 feet. In the Winter, you have snow that is perfect for snowball fights, weddings and elopements, and family sessions.
Not only do you get excellent views and amazing sunsets, but during the Summer you get to escape the heat of the desert and enjoy yourself in and around Julian, along Sunrise Highway.
Don’t forget that most of these locations require a permit or booking fee. But that’s okay! I’m here to navigate all of the legalities for you and recommend areas that don’t require permitting as well. Also, all of the photography requirements can be found on their website or by calling them directly.
i hope this has helped you plan your next Photography Session, whether it’s for Family Portraits, your Engagement Session, or your next Wedding!
For a list of recommended locations inside San Diego, check out this link here.
With lots of love and good vibes,